ECS Tuning Performance Baffled Oil Catch Can System - EA888.3 MQB
Today's direct fuel injection systems have taken engine performance to a whole new level, but there is a drawback. With no fuel vapors to clean the intake valves, the oil particles that are drawn into the intake from the PCV system will deposit themselves onto the valves and intake ports. Over time this will result in an excessive carbon buildup, resulting in lost power and poor drivability.
ECS Tuning now has the solution with our Performance Baffled Oil Catch Can System. In house engineered, our system is designed to collect toxic blow-by gasses, reduce carbon build up and reduce concentrations of acids, oxidants and water within the engine oil.
Through multiple design iterations and tested prototypes, extensive long term testing and with the proper understanding of the Gen3 engine's PCV system, we can confidently give you the finest oil catch can system available on the market!
Key benefits of the ECS Tuning Performance Baffled Oil Catch Can System:
- Highly Efficient Oil Separator (Catch Can):
- Strategically positioned 4 chamber baffle system maximizes oil / air separation
- Engineered to create multiple changes in the direction of airflow within the separator to cause oil droplets to fall out of suspension before exiting the catch can
- Knurled and black anodized integrated oil dipstick makes inspecting oil volume of the reservoir clean and simple
- Fully serviceable for routine cleaning and maintenance; Includes 2.5mm allen key to remove baffle plates for cleaning
- -10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) fittings for leak-free fitting connections
- 6061-T6 billet machined body, anodized black for lasting protection and appearance
- Easy to drain reservoir, simply un-threads from the oil separator for quick draining or cleaning
- The OEM Audi fine oil (cyclonic) separator is retained. Due to the retention of this component, the catch can will not have to be emptied as often, as its focus will be on capturing the ultra-fine oil vapor*
- Engine cover fitment is maintained with no modifications needed
- Completely reversible installation, as no OEM components are permanently modified
- OE style appearance once installed
Each system includes the following:
- 4 Chamber Baffled Oil Catch Can with integrated dipstick and service tool
- CNC bent, black anodized, aluminum catch can bracket
- Black zinc OEM fasteners to secure the bracket to the right side engine mount
- -10AN black nylon braided hose
- Cut to the perfect length -- This alone make's installation as easy as changing your own oil!
- -10AN black anodized swivel fittings are pre-installed on each hose for a direct fit install
- DEI Heath Sheath pre-installed on catch can hoses for clean and protected hose routing
- Oil and fuel resistant to chemical degradation
- OE Style hose stand-offs for proper hose support against A/C lines
- Oil and fuel resistant, high temperature viton O-Rings pre-installed on all adapters
- Billet machined 6061-T6 aluminum components, anodized black:
- PCV Adapter Fitting and Locking Plate
- Turbo Inlet PCV Fitting
Engineered and manufactured in the USA, you can expect the very best performance, quality and longevity with our superior Oil Catch Can System from ECS Tuning!
*The Gen3 ECS Tuning Performance Baffled Oil Catch Can System was engineered to supplement the already stout OEM PCV system and collect the ultra-fine blow by gases and reduce the ingestion of oil vapors in the turbo inlet pipe. As such, you should not expect to collect mass amounts of fluid in the catch can reservoir as with the previous generation engines.