BFI MK7 Torque Arm Insert – Stage 1 – Type 2
- In stock - this product is in stock at an Australian local warehouse, despatched within 1 - 2 business days.
- Shipping method: Drop-shipped or direct-shipped for more information please contact email@example.com
*Disclaimer – Please verify which mount type you have (1 or 2) by going under the vehicle to check. VAG has been using either mount with no rhyme or reason to year, model, or trim.
Our Stage 1 Torque Arm Insert is aimed at maximizing daily comfort while still offering optimized performance gains over stock. These are the only MQB inserts available that feature a specifically engineered dimension that limits unwanted vibration, offering the best compromise available. We recommend the Stage 1 insert to majority of our customers. Under hard acceleration, the pendulum mount (commonly referred to as the “dogbone” or by VW as the “torque arm”) acts to limit rotational movement of the engine. The factory bushings do a satisfactory job, while limiting vibrations, but only during sedate driving conditions. When pushed hard, those bushings flex creating a vague feeling in the engine and gearbox and adding to the dreaded wheel hop phenomenon. Our pendulum mount torque arm insert fills the voids in the stock rubber bushing, making what was a soft rubber bushing with voids into what behaves like a solid mount. With the insert installed, you will notice that throttle response will feel better and your shifts will feel more crisp and defined, especially on manual transmission cars.
- Torque arm / dogbone polyurethane insert
- Laser cut washer
- Steel spacer
- High strength grade 10.9 replacement bolt
- All Version 2 MQB Platform Vehicles Including MK7 GOLF/GTI & 8V Audi A3/S3
- You may experience some in-cabin vibrations after installing our insert. These vibrations are most noticeable in reverse and while the a/c is engaged at idle. These are normal and will subdue after approximately 1,000 miles of driving. TDI models will experiencing increased NVH compared to gasoline vehicles due to the design of the diesel engine.